Ester & Ebbe is a top or shirt for both girls and boys. It can be sewn with short or long sleeves, and with or without ruffles on the shoulders. You can also choose to sew a chest pocket. A perfect sewing staple for the childrens’ wardrobe.
WANT TO DOWNLOAD ESTER & EBBE FOR FREE?
FABRIC RECOMMENDATIONS: Knit fabrics with at least 30 % stretch, such as jersey fabric (cotton/lycra) or college/french terry. The pattern includes a stretch guide, or view it here on my website). Scroll down for the fabric requirements chart.
SIZES: The pattern includes 13 sizes from 74-146. Choose a size based on the child’s measurements. Scroll down for the size guide.
FORMATS: As with most of my patterns, 3 pattern formats are included:
- A4/letter, for home printing
- A0/A1 for copy shop printing
- Projector file for use with a projector
A detailed PDF booklet with sewing instructions is of course also included. It will guide you from start to finish.
If you want to get inspired and see more pictures of Ester & Ebbe, check out what my pattern testers made.
Or go to Instagram and look up the hashtag #tcesterandebbe.
Size guide (also in the sewing instructions).
Measure the child and pick a size based on the child’s measurements. Have a look at the measurement for the finished garment and compare with the child’s measurements. I recommend choosing a size that has 3-5 cm (1-2”) larger chest width than the child.
Fabric & supplies
The fabric requirements chart below is an estimation for fabrics with 150 cm width (60”). If you’re buying new fabric for your project, I recommend to add a bit extra to be safe. Chest pocket, neckband and flutters are included.
• Fabric: Knit fabrics such as jersey (cotton/lycra). Heavier fabric such as college/french terry can also be used but you should size up if the fabric has less than 30% stretch.
• (Optional): light-weight, fusible interfacing for the chest pocket, approx. 10x10 cm (4x4”).
• Sewing machine needle: Don’t forget to use the right needle for your fabric, for knit fabrics a stretch needle is usually recommended.
• Other useful materials: Glue marker, coordinating thread, needles/clips, tape measure.