Our blouse and dress pattern Emma will very soon be released. We know some want to prepare with fabrics while we're putting the final touches to the pattern, so here's everything you need to know about fabric requirements and other materials.
Fabric: The pattern is designed and tested for light- to medium weight knit fabrics with drape, and with approx. 20-50% stretch. We recommend viscose jersey, tencel jersey, modal jersey, bambu jersey and similar fabrics.
Light-weight fusible interfacing with stretch (for example Vlieseline H609), to stabilise:
- the neckline (round): approx. 30 cm wide and 20 cm high (12x8")
- the neckline (V-neck): approx. 30 cm wide and 28 cm high (12x11")
- shoulder seams: two strips that are approx. 8 cm wide and 1 cm high (3x3/8")
- pockets: four strips, approx. 3 cm wide and 18 cm high (1x7")
- hem: two strips, up to 100 cm wide and 2 cm high (40x1"), (for a calf-length dress in size 50). Must not be continuous strips.
Sewing machine needle: Don’t forget to use the right needle for your fabric, for knit fabrics a stretch needle is usually recommended.
Other useful materials: Coordinating thread, fabric marker, fabric scissors, needles and/or clips, tape measure.
Fabric requirement chart
The fabric requirement below is an estimation for 150 cm (60”) wide fabrics, not preshrunk. We recommend you to add 20 cm (8”) extra if you’re purchasing new fabric for this project. Pockets are included.
Read the chart like this: For example “240 (190)” = 240 cm with the waistband cut vertically to utilize its full length. 190 cm with the waistband cut horizontally on 150 cm wide fabric (this means a shortened waistband in most sizes).
While waiting for the Emma pattern, check out our other women's patterns: